Week 6 was all about web fonts. Get the slide deck below:
Google font showcases:
lynda.com videos to watch
A couple of you have asked for more lynda.com videos to watch. Here, in order, are a series of courses that relate to what has been covered in the course so far:
Last week I told you to bring in and upload your site as it is right now to the instructor dropbox on the server. Some of you don’t feel like you have anything to show yet and that is understandable. Therefore I’ve extended the deadline to end-of-class next week. That means by Tuesday night all of you should have a website uploaded to the FTP system for me to look at.
Some of you have asked for specific tasks to complete to jumpstart the process. In response I’m going to issue a weekly challenge from now on that you can take part in if you want. If you complete the challenge, let me know and upload it to the FTP server and I will take a look and provide feedback. Make sure to name your folder with your name so I know who has created what.
This week’s challenge is as follows:
- Create a website with at least three pages.
- On each page there should be just one image.
- The visitor should be able to navigate between the images in an intuitive way.
- The site must be responsive and accessible meaning the images must have at minimum alternate text (alt tag) associated with them.
- You must have the rights to publish the images (no lifting images off Google etc).